Friday, March 28, 2014

Desire To Inspire: March 2014 Edition


The Henry Glass crew always loves this part of the month. We wait in anticipation for the challenger's design and post. We are never disappointed! If you want to submit to us, send us one photograph that best represents your style. We select a new challenger for each month. Your skill level can be at any level. We can't respond to every submission but we do keep them on file. Thanks for submitting. Remember that you can view past challenges by clicking the button at the top right sidebar.


This month, our featured fabric is, Weekend Retreat by Jan Shade Beach. The collection has a fun, retro vibe and we knew that our challenger would come up with an equally playful design. You can view the entire collection on the Henry Glass website by clicking here.



We welcome Desire To Inspire Challenger, Heather Kojan. She is from Baltimore, MD and sewing with her and her guild members sounds inspiring!

[Heather Kojan]



Tell us a little about your family.
I live with my husband of 28 years, Harvey.  We have 2 kids: Kyle is a junior in college, and Katie is finishing her senior year in high school. We also have 3 cats and a rescue dog. 



How long have you been quilting?
Over 25 years

What's your favorite technique? 
I love piecing, and I’m always trying new (to me) techniques. Right now, my new favorites are curved piecing and EPP.



Who taught you how to quilt? 
My grandmother was a quilter. She didn’t teach me, but I have a lot of her quilts and I cherish them all. I’m a self taught sewer and quilter. I learned a lot from Alex Anderson on TV!

Do you belong to any guilds? 

I’m the founder and first president of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild. [hg: Their blog is a fun read!] I love my guild ~ so many fun people with great ideas and always willing to share.



Anything else you would like to share with our readers?

I love to quilt and would do it 24/7 if I could. I consider myself foremost a teacher and love speaking to different groups and sharing the modern aesthetic.  I teach modern quilting classes in the Mid-Atlantic region and upstate New York. I’ve also written many tutorials for my own blog, and other popular quilting blogs such as Sew Mama, Sew! I got to attend my first quit market in the fall of 2013 to promote my new book Classic Modern Quilts.  

Thanks Henry Glass for letting me play with your fun fabric!

Oh, and one more thing: don’t try to do a quilt photo shoot on a windy day!



Henry Glass thanks Heather and her two helpers for participating in the March edition of Desire To Inspire Challenge! 

Have a great weekend!
-HG








No comments: