Monday, September 30, 2019

Desire to Inspire - September Challenger- Meet Sandie L.


Meet Sandie L.- She took on the challenge of using "Irish Blessing” by Janet Rae Nesbitt of One Sister Designs in the month of September 2019.

I live in Lakewood, WA. My husband is a 30 year Army Veteran and I also served in the Army for 4 years. We have 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren, and I love to sew for them!  Only one sweet one-year-old granddaughter lives near us, so packages are usually flying from our home to the east coast on a regular basis.  I have been a pattern tester for a couple quilt and bag designers for the last 10+ years. I cannot believe how time has flown!

I made my first quilt for our first son when he moved into a toddler bed from his crib over 30 years ago!  It was all hand applique and after I finished all the blocks, I thought "He is going to jump on the bed and this will rip out", so I then machine stitched close to the edge of every single piece! After that, I claimed I was allergic to applique. LOL


Follow Sandie's blog at https://crazyboutquilts.blogspot.com/ and also catch her on Instagram, @crazyboutquilts.

Sandie's Projects Made with "Irish Blessing" by Janet Rae Nesbitt



 




Irish Blessing Quilt #1

3 comments:

Danette said...

These just look adorable with your little grandbaby! Enjoy!

Anna brown said...

Very very nice job tyty for sharing. . happyness04431@yahoo.com

Jacky said...

I have had the pleasure of meeting Sandie when we were both at a retreat in Branson,since then we went to another IN SD with three other awesome gals,we will do another this coming summer.Sandie is one great teacher and is so kind to share her awesome talent,she does beautiful work and is always on the go even when at home.She had a great teacher,her mom!!!! TX FOR BEING A FRIEND SANDIE