Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fruitful Hands!



My new fabric line, Fruitful Hands, was inspired by my book of the same name. 


It features yummy fruity colors and fruit and vegetable motifs perfect for the kitchen and home. I also think the prints would be great for aprons, skirts, and tote bags.


The pears on the place mats that I made carry us right into fall ...



There is a simple step-by-step tutorial for making potholders on my blog. They are quick and easy. They make great holiday gifts! If you get started now, you'll have time to make a whole bunch ...

Of course, we have to make quilts with our fabric too, right? Here is a pattern called Grandma's Pantry. I love cherries and pears because they are so bright and cheery. I remember that my grandmother used to do a lot of canning in the summer and fall. Seeing these bright fruits reminds me of the colorful Mason jars lined up on the shelves of her basement pantry. That's how I got the name for the pattern, Grandma's Pantry.



I hope you have as much fun playing with this fabric line as I am!

-JS

Thanks for sharing, Jacquelynne! We've got a couple of fabulous free patterns for this line. Go and check them out on our website!


-hg




2 comments:

Joanna said...

I think the applique on the Fruitful Hands quilt just makes it more interesting and pretty. It's beautiful. Thanks for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful line by Jacquelynne!! Adorable patterns too!