Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Desire To Inspire - Early February Edition, Part 2


Yesterday we showed you Denise Mitchell's lovely quilt for her Desire To Inspire Challenge. As we said, we challenged two friends and today we present you with Debbie Ragowski's version of her challenge. The ladies were given bundles of Flannel Essentials by The Buggy Barn and a deadline.



Fast forward to today and we have a two beautiful flannel quilts. Thank you to all who have written in and sent your photos to be considered for the challenge. We will get to you so be patient. We've had many submissions.



Name?
Debbie Rogowski

Where do you live?
I live in South East Texas a very small town named Buna.

Family? 
I have a lovable husband, 2 beautiful daughters, a wonderful Son-in-Law and 3 beautiful granddaughters.


How long have you been quilting?
I’ve only quilted now for maybe 3 years but I’ve been sewing since I was about 7-8 no one around me ever quilted and I always wanted to. So I taught myself some, made lots of mistakes and then found wonderful people on line that offer all sorts of assistance.

What's your favorite technique? 
I love the no waste flying geese method. Especially when I have 4 done at the same time.

Who taught you how to quilt? 
Many wonderful people on line showed me what I didn’t quite understand.  I had watched Fons & Porter and Eleanor Burns and oh even before them Simply Quilts on TV for many years before I decided to jump in. After hurricane Rita struck the only TV we could get was Satellite and we lost all over our quilt shows. The cable company folded up their wires and went home lol.


Do you belong to any guilds? 
I don’t belong to any guilds, I’m told there is one about 40 miles from here and I am going to their quilt show next week.  So that may be a start.

Anything else you would like to share with our readers?  
I LOVE fabric, and I love making things for others.  I try to set aside a little time each day and more on the weekends to sew or shop for fabric and supplies.  One on line friend of mine tells me all the time and I love her for it “there are NO quilt police”  I think I may have to make a sign for my room with that on it.  Another good friend (almost sister) that I met on Facebook and I try to do things together, motivate each other.  If we are just in a funk we pull the other out.  We may make something silly on the weekend when we have more time and then share with each other what our interpretation of it is.  Enjoy enjoy it’s just so much fun!!


I have to thank all the fabric and notions companies for giving us ideas and keeping us motivated.  I WILL soon make covers for each of my machines LOL


HG:  Great job, Denise and Debbie. We had fun seeing your projects.


Thank you to all who have written in and sent your photos to be considered for the challenge. We will get to you so be patient. We've had many submissions.

-hg

No comments: