Welcome to Day 3 of our party. In case you just started reading, here are the general guidelines for this party. Each day we will feature the answers of the questions that we posed to the designers. You will find out about their holiday habits and each day you will have the opportunity to share your thoughts. You will be eligible to win a fabulous bundle of fabric. All you have to do is answer the question on the blog [and/or on Facebook] for a chance to win the bundle of fabric of the day. No substitutions. You can enter on the blog and/or Facebook for two chances to win per day. You have until midnight December 9th to enter and all winners must claim their prizes until midnight December 13th or the prize is forfeited and we will announce a new winner.
Thank you for visiting our website, blog and Facebook page. It has been a great year for the Henry Glass designers. They've been busy working on a big project with the folks at Martingale & Co. The book will be released next fall and we know that you are going to love it. Stay tuned to our blog and Facebook or sign up for our newsletter to receive news about some exciting announcements in the new year.
For this blog party we asked the designers the following questions:
1. What was your favorite gift? Worst?
2. Early or late shopper? Earliest or latest that you've shopped?
3. Favorite holiday drink? Alcohol or none? Recipe?
4. Are you likely one to return a present or to suck it up and keep it?
5. As a child were you likely to make the naughty or nice list?
Today we welcome Leanne Anderson and Wilma Sanchez to our party. Let's start with the terrific designer Leanne Anderson of The Whole Country Caboodle.
[Leanne and her daughter Kaytlyn's in front of their first collection, "In Cahoots"]
[Snowman Tea Time Mug Rug is one of our newest patterns made with fabrics from
"The King's Arrival" collection from Henry Glass. Great little holiday project...quick and easy.]
1. My favorite gift as I look back was probably the worst as well. I got a pair of burgundy crushed velvet bell bottoms when I was in middle school, with an olive green strip inset down the front of each leg. I really thought I was the coolest kid in all the school...hmmm, hopefully my style has gotten a bit better!!
2. I do some of both...I think it's fun to get some things done ahead of time, then wait until the end to really get into the spirit of Christmas.
3. Mimosa...Orange juice and champagne.
4. Oh I suck it up and keep it most of the time!
5. Well, if you talked to my parents, I'm sure they would say the naughty! I could easily find trouble when I wasn't even looking for it, but I worked hard at making the nice list the month of December.
Note from Leanne: Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love to see my grandchildren get excited about what is coming. We talk about Santa...believe in the magic of what he stands for, but our main focus is to celebrate the birth of Jesus and the promise He brings to those who believe.
Our next party guest is Wilma Sanchez is the talented designer behind Racoon Illustration and her latest line is "Fairies of the Earth." You can keep up with Wilma on her blog here.
1. I have two favorites.....my first I got when I was 6. My first bicycle. It was a perfect green (still my favorite color...and coincidently the color of my bicycle today) It had the cutest white basket to carry all my stuffed animals in....I remember riding it around our tiny apartment all Christmas morning!
Abby my darling Norwich Terrier was my other favorite. She lived a happy 14 years but died this summer...will be in my heart forever.
My worst gift was a secret santa with a classmate...I got a used game of checkers with missing pieces. I was 8 and very upset and cried.....but my parents made me understand that perhaps that was all that child had to give, possibly his/her favorite toy....a good lesson at an early age. Maybe the beginning of my passion for all that is repurposed, recycled or second hand.......
2. I'm both early and late shopper.....A lot of my gifts are handmade so I start making early on.....or I plan way ahead of time.....However if anything has to be store bought, I may leave it for last minute......but I will shop very early in the morning or late at night to beat the crowds.......
I have a few gift that I wait until after Christmas to buy to take advantage of the sales. I still have family that lives in Dominican Republic and they celebrate the Arrival of the Three Kings. So gift giving is January 6th.
3. My favorite Holiday drink is called "Coquito" which is a coconut flavored eggnog. The combination of rum and coconut milk always brings me back memories of home, at my parents, for the Holidays. The recipe will be posted on my blog sometime soon.
4. I rarely return any gifts. To me, it's the thought that counts. I will exchange clothes for a different size but that's about it. However, I do regift , if i know that person will really like and use it!
5. I always made the Nice List ....too nice sometimes , my brothers would get away with murder.
Today we have a big offering of QuiltSoup's "Anything Goes Basics" line. We are offering a variety of special cuts of this fun line that's not normally offered for sale. We are going to choose TWO winners today. The first winner will win the fat quarter bundle and the large squares while the second winner will win the roll and the small squares. All you have to tell us what or if you've made any gifts this year.