Welcome to the party! Thank you for joining us for a week of fun and giveaways. Each day we will feature the answers of the questions that we posed to the designers. You will find out about their holiday habits and each day you will have the opportunity to share your thoughts. You will be eligible to win a fabulous bundle of fabric. All you have to do is answer the question on the blog [and/or on Facebook] for a chance to win the bundle of fabric of the day. No substitutions. You can enter on the blog and/or Facebook for two chances to win per day. You have until midnight December 9th to enter and all winners must claim their prizes until midnight December 13th or the prize is forfeited and we will announce a new winner.
Thank you for visiting our website, blog and Facebook page. It has been a great year for the Henry Glass designers. They've been busy working on a big project with the folks at Martingale & Co. The book will be released next fall and we know that you are going to love it. Stay tuned to our blog and Facebook or sign up for our newsletter to receive news about some exciting announcements in the new year.
For this blog party we asked the designers the following questions:
1. What was your favorite gift? Worst?
2. Early or late shopper? Earliest or latest that you've shopped?
3. Favorite holiday drink? Alcohol or none? Recipe?
4. Are you likely one to return a present or to suck it up and keep it?
5. As a child were you likely to make the naughty or nice list?
Let's see what the designers have to say. First, Mary Ellen Von Holt of Little Quilts is sharing her holiday thoughts with us. Make sure that you follow us on your favorite social media platform. Mary Ellen will be continuing her tea towel program at her store and each month she will be sharing a version made with Henry Glass fabric.
1. Favorite gift when I was a child was a shiny black Schwinn bicycle. I was so surprised as my family really could not afford that kinds of gift with 4 children all about 12 months apart
Worst gift – never really got one except maybe in a gift swap one time with a stitch-in group! Maybe many have had that experience!
2. I’m a late shopper – often on the 23rd or 24th of December, when the prices are the best! Earliest was one year I found the perfect gift for a friend in January, but then misplaced it for about 6-8 months!
3. Favorite Holiday drink is …a nice glass of cabernet!...also like Constant Comment tea. A favorite recipe is a cream cheese and olive spread. Soften a brick of cream cheese and stir in a small jar of sliced green olives and pimentos finely chopped. Shape into a ball and chill for a bit or place on a plate with Triscuit crackers. Nice colors for the holiday with the green and red…everyone loves this!
4. I’m not likely to return a present..sometimes they go into what I call “the present closet” to be re-gifted. Often times give these things to Goodwill too!
5. I always made the nice list as I was the oldest of four children … other there were boys … who easily made the naughty list lots of times!
Thanks, Mary Ellen, for the fun answers. We look forward to the tea towel inspiration. Mary Jane Carey of Holly Hill Quilt Designs is up next. Make sure that you visit her blog today. She has an AMAZING giveaway happening. Mary Jane giving away two Tours des Jardin quilt kits. Wow.
Worst gift - I always seem to get scented candles when I go to group Christmas parties. I am extremely allergic to them so it's not a great gift for me.
3. I can't say I have a favorite holiday drink. We mostly get local apple cider (not the hard variety) and that is our Thanksgiving and Christmas drink.
4. I return things. I know if I gave a gift to someone and they didn't like or wouldn't use, I would want them to return it. It doesn't hurt my feelings in the least.
5. Always nice.
To win a bundle of ... and Sew On, tell us what your favorite holiday gift was. Good luck! Thank you to Mary Ellen of Little Quilts and Mary Jane Carey of Holly Hill Quilt Designs for sharing their memories with us.