Friday, March 1, 2013

Wow. We're Blushing.


Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a fabulous response to our newest program - Desire To Inspire Challenge. We are so happy that you've enjoyed the first installment. We also received a huge response to our call for challengers. Rest assured that if you don't hear from us right away it doesn't mean that you won't be chosen. We can't wait to see what the next challenger has in store for us. Follow us here on the blog or like us on Facebook to check out the inspiration that we will post for you.

This month is very exciting as well. One of our newest designers, Margot Languedoc of The Pattern Basket is here to share some inspiration about her Blushing fabric line. We recently chatted with her about this fabulous new line. Here's what she had to say:


Blushing is arriving in quilt shops!! I’ve been waiting for this collection to be available for such a long time and it’s finally here!! 

                     
When I sat down to design "Blushing" a big part of my inspiration came from apple blossoms that bloom in this part of the world every spring.  I just love these fragrant little flowers and after a very long cold winter it's a sure sign that warm weather has finally arrived.



But the other exciting part of the inspiration for this collection was the Languedoc cross.  I think it's such a pretty cross and I wanted it to be a part of Blushing.  When I married into the Languedoc family years ago my mother-in-law gave me a Languedoc cross pendant - it's something that will always be dear to me.  The cross has a long history that dates back to 1165.  I think it adds an 'Old World' charm to this new collection.


I designed three easy-to-piece patterns to accompany Blushing that are available free on the Henry Glass website. [HG: You can find the patterns here.


I have also designed nine new patterns with Blushing that will be available on my website very soon, and there are even more ideas on my design board.  Please come visit my blog to see what I have been up to.   http://thepatternbasket.blogspot.ca

Thank you, Margot!

Have a great weekend!

-hg

2 comments:

Jill Finley said...

Margot,
this collection is absolutely beautiful! I loved it the moment I saw it. Congratulations, and have fun with all your new fabric!

ledamewood said...

OMG I love this fabric line. it's beautiful.