Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Desire to Inspire - The February Challenger makes Pilar's Garden



Hi, I am Angie Ligon.  I was born and raised in the Midwest, I currently live in the Kansas City Metro Area. My family and I are big sports fans and love going to Royals and Chiefs games whenever possible.  I have been sewing as long as I can remember.  

My mom made a lot of our clothes growing up so my sisters and I all started with garment sewing but have now all transitioned over to quilting. I made my first baby blanket 33 years ago when my first child was born and have been going strong since then.  I have recently discovered applique and find myself gravitating to that technique with the majority of my projects now. I really love the design aspect and design most of my projects myself.

Here is the project that I made with Anni Downs Hatched and Patched collection. It is a pattern called Pilar's Garden that I created. 




Here is each block seperately: 





Each corner has this darling pinwheel: 


Please leave a comment below for Angie and her awesome job as February's Desire to Inspire Challenger!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST SO NEAT! THANKS FOR SHARING@

Clare said...

What an amazing quilt. Any child would love this to cuddle under.Love loved your 3D pinwheels. Happy Stitching.

Joanne said...

Adorable! I have yet to master applique and yours is certainly an inspiration for me to get to it and keep trying. Thanks for sharing, especially the close ups of each block. :-)

QuiltMama61 said...

I LOVE what you've done with those adorable prints. Job well done!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful design! I love the creativity sewn in! First quilt 33 yrs ago, thats almost longer than I've been alive! I have learned so much from you in 33yrs, also learned YOU can make Anything with a sewing machine! And you are darn good at it! <3

Joanna said...


So creative and cute. I love the small details in each block.

Seacoast Quilter said...

Very cute! The design works perfectly with the fabric.

Marty said...

Like the rabbits!

Mary Ann said...

Very cute.......Liking what you did with this fabric...

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I think you did a fabulous job on the quilt. My granddaughter, who is two, would absolutely adore this quilt. It looks very professional.
Great Job :)

Vicki H said...

So adorable! You are so creative.

Linda Fleming said...

What a wonderful quilt! I love all the blocks - the animals and treees are so beautiful!

Helen L said...

really cute little critters!! Great imagination, and so fun!!

Traci S said...

Cute!! I love the appliqué even though I personally do not care to do it. Great job

squirrelie55 said...

So cute!

Mary Pat Proctor said...

I am always amazed at what people can come up with when given materials! What a cute quilt--love the whimsical nature of it!! Great job!

Rosa said...

So grogeous quilt.Great job!

Sherry said...

All I can say is WOW! I love the fabrics and what you did with them. The design is wonderful and you do beautiful stitching!