Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Desire To Inspire: September 2014 Edition


Thanks for your continuing to tune it to our "Countdown To The Holidays" event. We love sharing Henry Glass fabric but most of all we love to read your comments. Keep them coming! If you haven't participated yet, hop over here to get the details.


Another thing that we love is connecting with you. The "Desire To Inspire" Challenge was designed to work directly with our fans. We are amazed again and again when we see the photographs of your projects. You can see previous projects by clicking the tab at the right sidebar. If you want to participate in the challenge, please send your submissions to Henry Glass.


Our September "Desire To Inspire" challenger is Amy Smith from Somerset, KY. We sent her a bundle of "Outback" by Shelly Comiskey [Shelly's "Cocoa & Cookies" collection happens to be our featured giveaway fabric this week].


HG:  Tell us about your family.

AS:  I am engaged to a wonderful man that allows me to stay at home with our 2 daughters. Isabella is 4, and Brooklyn is 3 months.


HG:  How long have you been quilting?

AS:  I have only been quilting a short time, the quilt I made using the fabrics I was sent was the first one I have completed start to finish. I have however, been sewing for 4 years. I am a self taught seamstress and sew mostly children's clothes, bags, home decor, and photography props. 


HG:  What's your favorite technique?:

AS:  I don't really have a favorite technique. I mostly sew and do things that make my items stand out and have great quality. 

HG:  Who taught you how to quilt?

AS:  I am self taught. I read a lot of blogs, talked with other quilters in various facebook groups, and read books/patterns.


HG:  Do you belong to any guilds?

AS:  I recently found that our small town had a few guilds at some of our local churches. I am excited to attend my first meeting next month. 

HG:  Anything else you would like to share with our readers?

AS:  I really enjoyed pushing myself to actually finish a quilt! My quilt has lots of imperfections but my oldest daughter loves it! She is really into animals at the moment and she has gushed over the Australian Animals that are on the fabric for her dress and quilt. The fabrics were very soft, easy to work with and such great quality. She's already eyeing the Owl Fabrics for the next quilt she wants!

Thanks so much for this opportunity! 

Pattern Credits:
Ruffle Layering Top By: Made For Mermaids
Knot Dress By: Little Lizard King
Jumper Pattern By: Made For Mermaids
  
Thank you Amy! You did a fabulous job and your daughters are darling.

-HG

3 comments:

newsurfiegirl said...

What Beautiful projects you have made and the models are just gorgeous. I hope your girls enjoy their new treasures! Thank you so much for sharing your projects and making me smile. It really has inspired me to do some stitching.

QuiltMama61 said...

Lovely! And your little girls are so adorable too.

Bear Creek Quilting Company said...

Your projects are ADORABLE and your girls are beautiful! Welcome to the sewing/quilting community. ~Shari