Wow, we have been having such a fun time so far! Are you enjoying all of the inspiration? We hope that you continue to follow us here or on Facebook as we continue to roll out some fun things around here. Today we have two more fabulous designers, Jana Nielson of Izzy & Ivy Designs and illustrator Delphine Cubitt. You can find Delphine's post below.
Remember to keep guessing in the baby photo part of our party in order to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway! All of the details are here!Are you ready for some more baby photographs? Here are two more! Look at these two lovely babies! So adorable!
Next, we have Delphine's post. What an adorable pillow!
1. Cut out the square of background fabric, for this I have used the red 'Cat and Fiddle' fabric.
2. Lay over the next panel of fabric, (for this I have used the black and white check) Iron a hem in the fabric pin in to place and applique' on to background fabric.
3. Then lay on the next panel of fabric, again iron a hem around the edge and pin in to place. This will be the fabric behind the Santa's head. (I have used the blue star fabric) Applique' this piece in to place.
4. Cut out the pieces of fabric for the Santa's head, hat and body, pin in to position and Applique' around each element. You don't have to but I have used a bit of stuffing in the Santa nose, beard and hat.
5. When all the elements are sewn in to place, you can now stitch Santa's eyes and smile in black cotton. This is the front of your cushion completed.
Now you are ready to sew the backing on to your cushion.
1. Cut a piece of your chosen fabric (I have used the black and white check again!) The same width as your cushion but only 2/3rds the height, Hem the top edge of this piece and lay face down on to your cushion. (Also facing up!)
2.Now follow instruction no.1 again but hem the bottom edge of this piece of fabric. So that when you lay this piece down it overlaps the first (see picture)
3.Now sew all around the edge of your cushion, so you are sewing the front to the back.
4. You can now turn your cushion the right side out. Your cushion is now complete You just need a cushion pad to pop inside it and your work here is done!
As you can see my cushion has already found itself with a home. Just after photographing it for the Blog, I found Alfie curled up on the sofa cuddling 'his' new cushion.....Oh blimey, if his two brothers see it I will have to make 2 more.....I think I need a thimble, or 10!!
As part of the giveaway I will send the winner the fabrics to make the Santa Cushion. Please leave a comment here and I will draw a name by midnight November 23, 2012. Good luck!
Thank you, Delphine!
Thank you, Delphine!