Monday, April 20, 2009

Bev Proulx Blogs for HG!


APRIL BLOG ENTRY:
Spring has arrived, with the annual national quilt shows beginning next weekend in Chicago. These shows are what all fabric lovers wait for each year. I will be at the AQS show in Paducah the week of April 20th. I look forward to seeing people from all over the world enjoying fabrics, notions, and, most of all, QUILTS. If you see me there, be sure to say Hello. My "Posies Galore" 1930s reproduction line is ready for Quilt Market in May. What a great way to begin the summer, when our leisure time can also include designing and sewing quilts. I love stitching on binding while seated on my deck!
My accompanying picture (see above) this month is the first of two 41 1/2" x 49"quilts I recently made. The design is based on a star quilt top I have from c.1940 and a quilt from 1937 in the book "101 Fabulous Rotary Cut Quilts" by Judy Hopkins and Nancy J. Martin. I wanted two quilts I could use in my Color seminars and lectures that contained examples of my first two 1930s repro lines. Quilters are often surprised that the same quilt pattern looks very different when color choices vary in each quilt. Also, when not using them for marketing purposes, they will look marvelous on the two hangers in our family room when I am displaying 1900-1950 quilts from my collection around the room. Please enjoy the quilt. I will show the second quilt next time. Until next month, Bev

No comments: