Monday, April 20, 2009

Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup Blogs for HG

QuiltSoup News-April 2009

What's New? Free Patterns, Quilt Kits and Curried Pear Soup! http://www.quiltsoup.com/new.html

Our Mall Doll and Bubblegum Fun quilt kits are ready to go. Yay!!!!!!!! The quilts are made from our Bubblegum Basics fabric collection for Henry Glass & Co. Our cute hankie panel is featured in Mall Doll which finishes at 57 1/2” x 66 1/2”. The pattern is free to you and is included in the kit. Mall Doll kits are available for $70.00. http://www.quiltsoup.com/patterns.html

Bubblegum Fun is also a free pattern for you and we have cut the kits. This quilt features simple squares set on point in between a few fusible web appliquéd flowers. This is a quilt for confident beginners. Kit is sized for a twin bed and finishes at 67” x 77 1/2”. Bubblegum Fun kits are available for $95.00.

Quilt backings for both of these quilts are available. Just pick your favorite fabric from the collection and email me with your selection. The backing for Mall Doll is $31.50. The backing for Bubblegum Fun is $36.00. http://www.quiltsoup.com/patterns.html

We are vending at the Home Machine Quilting Show (HMQS) in Salt Lake City, May 7-9 2009. We will have many of our patterns and kits available so stop by and say hello!

The soup recipe this time is for Curried Pear Soup. It is interesting and can be served hot or cold. I like a little less sesame oil in mine but you will have to be the judge! http://www.quiltsoup.com/soup_to_nuts.html

We are working furiously on our “Cradle to Cradle” book for release in July 2009 by Kansas City Star Publications.

You can follow our progress on the QuiltSoup blog, http://www.quiltsoupblog.com/ You just never know, there might be another give-away on the blog!

Until next time,
Barbara

1 comment:

Stitched With Prayer said...

Okay...so I'm doing a little blog hopping today and what to my wondering eyes should appear? A Henry Glass Fabrics blog. Be still my heart!!! I adore every Henry Glass Fabric I have ever used. Matter of fact, I'm from Utah and I have been looking for a perfect background fabric and couldn't find it here, though the nicer shops do carry some wonderful Henry Glass collections. BUT, last week while on a little 'get away' with hubby, we visited a wonderful shop, The Quilter's Store, in Sedona, Arizona, owned by Patty Krause. They had the exact tone on tone blender that I needed. It wasn't until I got home a few days ago that I looked to see who made the fabric. Well, it was by Nancy Crow for Henry Glass. I should have known as I 'fondled' it in the shop and commented on how wonderful it was but hubby was anxious to get on the road and I just collected my treasures and packed them for the remainder of the trip. Now that I have had a chance to really look at everything I picked up I wish I had brought home 3 or 4 yards. I'm always looking for beautiful neutral blenders. I may have to email them for more. Anyway, I apologize for rambling but I was just so excited to find (belatedly) your blog. I will visit often. Now I'm trying to behave myself but am wrestling with the Bubblegum Fun kit. I really would love to get it but I will ponder it for a while. Well, I've made a complete fool of myself by now but I'm posting this anyway. I will be checking back often. Thank you for all the beautiful fabric collections you have made available to us all.