Friday, March 29, 2019

Desire to Inspire- March Challenger - Heather Long


 Meet Heather Long -She took on the challenge of using "Ghostly Glowtown” by Shelly Comiskey of Simply Shelly Designs in the month of March 2019.


Hi! My name is Heather Long and I live in Phoenixville, PA, just outside of Valley Forge. It's a wonderful town with a very active downtown restaurant scene but still within a short drive to the Valley Forge National Park and all the trails available.

 I've been married for 3 years to my amazing husband, Andrew and we have one 2-year-old son, James (Jimmy) who is my best little quilt helper. We travel quite a bit more than I ever expected to, especially with a baby/toddler, but we enjoy our adventures.

When it comes to quilting, I'm mostly self-taught from books and blogs. I started quilting almost 15 years ago - no one else in my family quilted or really sewed, but I just had the itch. I started by reading everything I could but then I finally had to just jump in and accept that my first quilt would NOT be perfect. My favorite quilts are traditional with a bit of a twist. I don't really consider myself a modern quilter, but I'm not strictly traditional either. You can check out my blog here.


While I don't belong to a "real life" guild, one of my greatest resources is an online group called Quilting Around the World - I've gone to several retreats and join online challenges there. I love those ladies!

Pumpkins and Pals



Fabrics

Fabric Bowl

Pumpkins and Pals Detail

Table Runner

Table Runner Again

Table Runner Detail




9 comments:

Lisa England said...

What wonderful projects! I especially like the log cabin pumpkins and the way the fussy cut fabrics for the table runner form cool kaleidoscope type designs. Great job using the fabrics in a creative way!

Joanne said...

These are wonderful projects and you did an awesome job!

QuiltingAroundTheWorld said...

We love you Heather! You are such a talented woman!!!

Joanna said...

Nicely done. I love the quilt; the pumpkins are perfect.

Farm Quilter said...

WOW what a great way to use all that fabric!! I'm crushing on your fabric bowl!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute projects.

Shelly Comiskey said...

These projects are so fun Heather! I love seeing these all put together and you did an amazing job!

Sheila Fruge said...

Love love love Halloween fabric! Your projects are so cute! I hope there is a pattern somewhere

Miriam said...

Super job with your fabrics! The Halloween collection was delightful, and you definitely made some fun projects. I especially like the table runner.