Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Desire to Inspire - February Challenger Cheryl Hammond does Rodeo Roundup in a Wonderful Way!




Meet Cheryl Hammond from Copperas Cove, Texas, which is just north of Austin in Central Texas. We knew it would have to be a gal from Texas who would love the Rodeo Roundup Collection designed by Beth Logan. 

Cheryl has completed the challenge and done a fantastic job of using all the fabrics, and making some wonderful things. 

Here is her story and her work on this month's Desire to Inspire challenge:

February Desire to Inspire Challenger - Cheryl Hammond




After spending the better part of my adult life living in the Texas desert, we are now enjoying our early retirement in the Hill Country of Central Texas. The best part of this new journey is indulging my passion of rescuing discarded furniture, refinishing & re-purposing them, gardening, long walks with our pups, and reading all the books now that time is my friend.

I like to call myself the Number One Zoo keeper with our ever-growing number of animals. Even our box turtles are having babies. Every spring when they make their appearance in the turtle garden, we see new friends.

My Mother-in-Law gets all the credit for my quilting passion. She gifted us with a quilt, and I was so intrigued by the whole process that I bought a sewing machine & took my first quilting class. From the very first stitch, I was hooked. I love everything about quilting — choosing fabrics (and collecting them), the design & quilting. My husband bought me a sit down longarm when we retired, so I’m now embarking on a machine quilting adventure. It’s a perfect fit with my passion for quilts.

Two Table Runners






Bowls


Hot pads
Placemats




Table Runner Closeup



The roundup of Rodeo Roundup Projects





6 comments:

Susan L. said...

Great job Cheryl! Lots of inspiration!

Vicki in MN said...

Fun projects!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great projects! I'm also a native from west Texas. Love the Hill country.

Janie said...

Sweet projects. Thank you for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Great job! Your projects are super cute!!

Anna brown said...

Great job and enjoy... happyness04431@yahoo.com