Thursday, June 29, 2017

Desire to Inspire - June Challenger Diane Kazar Loves "I Still Love Snow"






Hi all!  My name is Diane Kazar and I live in Monroe (Central Jersey) New Jersey. It's a nice suburban town smack in the middle of New Jersey (or Exit 9 off the NJtpke).  I grew up here, married here, raised my two, now grown, kids here, and am still here with my husband and two dogs instead of kids.  It's a great place if you like a little of EVERYTHING, cities, beaches, historic sites and farmlands all within easy reach.  
As a young child, I can remember standing on a stool in the kitchen where my mom and grandma would pin paper to me.  Curious enough about it, I taught myself how to use my mom's sewing machine and making things for my dolls or costumes for myself at Halloween.  When I had kids, I was given my own sewing machine and it's been a great sewing journey for me ever since!  I've learned so much and met great people along the way. Especially my BFF Linda, who truly gave me this gift, 20 years ago, that only now I realize was a true inspiration. My sincere thank you Linda.   

Thank you, Henry Glass, for giving me this opportunity.  I truly had fun with your beautiful flannel fabric.  I simply loved them and decided a large comfy couch quilt would be perfect, especially for my ta
ll husband.  







Leave a comment below and give Diane Kazar some appreciation for a job well done! 





















10 comments:

Joanna said...

Your quilt is charming and makes that snowman shine. Nice quilting, too. It's a sweet collection; the colors are perfect for the whole winter season.

Farm Quilter said...

I love snow too and your quilt is fabulous!!! I love that you did custom quilting on it - as a LA quilter, that is something I always enjoy seeing!

Janie said...

Beautiful collection. I like your quilting especially the rings around the snowman.

scottylover said...

Love this snowman! And the border around the panel it wonderful. I am always stumped on how to make a pane bigger.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great project. I like the quilting on the snowman, too!

Christine S said...

Super cute!

Vicki in MN said...

I love all snowmen, you did awesome with these adorable fabrics.

Shelly Comiskey said...

Beautiful work Diane!! Love this!!

Rosieq said...

Beautiful work! I so wanted this fabric, but I am glad you won🙃 You definitely did a fine job in designing. Your quilting is awesome!

Cecilia said...

Great job! I love your snowman quilt!⛄️