Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Simple Whatnots Contest - We Have A Winner!


Henry Glass & Co. is pleased to announce the winner of the Simple Whatnots contest that we invited quilt shops to enter. Congratulations to Kelly Jerome of the Footprints Quilt Shoppe in East Rochester, NH. If you are local to Kelly's shop she will be receiving the Sunday Best collection!

Kelly sent us this letter of thanks:

I am ecstatic and honored to have won the Kim Diehl contest!  Footprints Quilt Shoppe has had overwhelming success with these beautiful mini quilt collections.
I opened my first retail spot in September 2012 and then moved to a larger retail space one year later.  This journey has been fun yet challenging – I look forward to the continued success I have achieved thus far.  I am truly blessed to be living my life-long dream of having my own quilt shop!
I started quilting as a small child with my maternal grandmother.  Every Christmas there would be a quilt or two wrapped and under the tree from her.  A priceless gift I will cherish forever.  My family grew up with handmade quilts and that is all we knew – we didn’t have store bought blankets on our beds.  I inherited the love of handwork from her – I remember working on a project with Grammie in her chair and Grampa in his, watching the Lawrence Welk Show.  I spent a week with them every summer and would always learn something new.  I am grateful for the joy and calmness handwork brings me and the priceless memories I have had through the years. 
Here is a photo as you requested.

The appliqued shop sign in the photo was recently done by one of my employees – I will carry this to the quilt shows I participate in.  She used all Kim Diehl fabrics by Henry Glass Fabrics.  I am fortunate to have 3 dedicated part-time workers– thanks to them I have great samples and my shop continues to grow. 

Sincerely,

Kelly Jerome
Footprints Quilt Shoppe
115 Highland Street
East Rochester, NH 03868

Congratulations Kelly.

- HG

1 comment:

GranChris said...

I would really like a stack of bright basics for a quilt I want to make.