Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Desire To Inspire - June-ish Edition


Welcome to the latest edition of the Desire To Inspire Challenge. We eagerly await this time of the month because it is like Christmas when we open up the e-mail to see what the challenger has made.
Each month we are never disappointed.  If you are interested in submitting your name to us for consideration, see the information below.


Are you ready to meet the challenger and to see her project? We sent her a bundle of Jan Shade Beach's Holiday Magic. Our challenger created some magic herself!


This line features reds and grays with lots of whimsical holiday images. We especially love how she used the panel to make small quilts. Clever!



Name:  
Barb Gaddy

Where do you live:   
Atlanta, Tx

Family:  
I have been married for 36 years.  We have traveled extensively during that time and have now settled down here in Atlanta, TX.  We have five sons, four of which are serving in the Military, two went to Iraq, one is in Japan as of now.  We have two married sons with one couple living just fifteen minutes away and expecting our first grandchild. 



How long have you been quilting:  
When our youngest son turned 12,  I felt the need to redefine myself and I did that by throwing myself into quilting.

What's your favorite technique?  
I have to say that I love, love ... triple love applique.  



Who taught you how to quilt?  My mother was a quilter but I was never interested until I wanted a quilt of my own and saw the prices so I designed my first real quilt using cardboard, a pencil, and ruler.  The answer is self taught with a ton of mistakes a long the way.

Do you belong to any guilds? 
I do not belong to a guild at this time. 



Anything else you would like to share with our readers?  
Quilting keeps me grounded and sane.  You can find me at www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com, my patterns at http://www.craftsy.com/user/1079770/pattern-store?_, and if you want to chat you can find me at https://www.facebook.com/barbara.gaddy.9.  I was so thrilled when I received these wonderful fabrics "Holiday Magic by Jan Shade Beach for Henry Glass."   Of course true to most quilters I had to pet the fabric before I could cut into it.  What inspiration.  Thanks so much for this opportunity.

Thank you for participating in the Desire To Inspire Challenge. Congratulations on the wonderful news of your first grandchild.

- HG

9 comments:

mumbird3 said...

Awesome creations!! Just lovely! Love the color combination - very sophisticated!

QuiltMama61 said...

Wonderful! Lovely creativity.

Amy DeCesare said...

Great project created from gorgeous fabrics!

quiltingmieke said...

Hello loveley projects
Big hug mieke

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great projects. Barb is a great designer!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful fabrics and I always enjoy Barb's designs!

Snoodles said...

Woohoo! Give Barb some great fabric and she never fails to inspire us!

KaHolly said...

Barb did an awesome job!

Anna brown said...

Very nice ty for sharing your ideas and i just love the fabric......happyness04431@yahoo.com