Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guest Designer: Dawn Heese


Hello! I am Dawn Heese of Linen Closet Designs. I am an author, quilt designer and now a fabric designer. I am a third generation quilter. It would be fourth generation quilter but the "quilting gene" skipped my mom. I grew up surrounded by vintage quilts, so it is no surprise that my designs have a decidedly vintage feel. As a quilt designer, my favorite part of the process has always been pulling the fabrics together to create a palette. Designing a fabric line takes that to a whole new level. My first fabric line, "Best Wishes" is now arriving in stores! I am busy working on patterns to showcase the line.


The inspiration for "Best Wishes" was a set of old postcards. The rolling script on the back was so soft and nostalgic. My designs feature a lot of applique. I love interesting background prints and I love words on fabric. This became the starting point for the line and it grew from there. I wanted a vintage look that was fresh and would appeal to today's quilter. I think that it does just that. 


I am working on several new patterns that will highlight the versatility of the line. Some of the patterns use the whole line. Another features the gold print prominently with select blue and red prints creating a patriotic look.


There will also be patterns to showcase the blue and red colorways separately. I can't wait to see what you will create with the collection!

Dawn

Thanks, Dawn for a great line and post! We can't wait to see what you do with the fabric!
-hg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo can't wait to see the line up close and personal!! These blocks are so pretty..great line of fabric..love the vintage feel!

WoolenSails said...

I love how the fabrics look together, gorgeous shades.

Debbie

VickiT said...

I can't wait to see more of this fabric and all the projects you are creating Dawn.

How exciting for you! Your first fabric line. Congratulations!! Seeing that pile of great colors I hope this is just the first line of many to follow for you.