Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wonderful HG Designer Bev Proulx Blogs Especially for US!


Feb. 24, 2009
Today we have 62 minutes more daylight than on Feb. 1, and the sun is higher, making lovely tree shadows on the snow in my front yard. Spring will come, for this morning was even above zero! Such wonderful quilting time for us in the Upper Midwest!! My next line, named "Posies Galore" thus far, is set to go to Market for all to see in May. I included three novelties in the line that will sparkle with all my fabrics. I am currently working on a quilt done as a 1930's quilt would have been. I have a top with this pattern, so I thought I would use my 1930s reproduction fabrics to grab a bit of the era. I should have a picture of it to share, and perhaps a pattern, later in spring.
I created a new seminar this winter called "Magnificent Color Play (or Building Color Confidence)". I have taught it three times thus far, with three more by mid-April. It has been so enjoyable helping class members develop a confidence regarding color use in their quilts. With such a long winter this year, the quilters need all the color they can get. Talk to you next month. Happy Quilting! Bev

No comments: