Friday, July 25, 2008

Introduction to Heather Peterson- designer

Heather Mulder Peterson is a designer for Henry Glass Fabrics.
She also recently started her own blog http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/ and will be blogging soon for HG as well. Here is some information about her taken from her blog.

Well, I suppose we should start with introductions. I’m Heather Peterson, the designer of Anka’s Treasures, a quilt pattern design company. I’ve finally joined the blogosphere, though I’ve been blogging in my head for some time now! Getting around to actually doing it, well that’s another story. I love reading other designers blogs, and I have found them to be a great source of inspiration.

In this industry, there are tons of wonderfully creative people. Blogging is a way for me to become more in touch with all their ideas year round, not just at quilt market or with the publications. It’s a chance to really get to know other creators all around the world on a more personal and creative level. Because I love all these things about blogging, I have decided to join you all. I hope you will find many fun ideas here and I look forward to hearing you comments and thoughts!

I plan to mostly share about my quilting— including what’s new in my pattern designs and the fabrics I do for Henry Glass. I hope to share with you about my quilting related travels, as I’m out and about doing some speaking and teaching, my favorite fabric lines (love Moda!), ideas on decorating with quilts, and other fun quilt industry related items. I also knit, so I may post on that too.

Here are two swatches from her newest line...Cottage Charm with HG.

We also have a New Free Project on our website for Cottage Charm!

Click on our HG site go to Heather Mulder Peterson to see the full line: http://www.henryglassfabrics.com/

17 comments:

Sherri said...

I love Heather's patterns, and her fabric looks delightful as well!

DebrafromMD said...

I love this new fabric line. I've just decided to redecorate in a cottage-style and these fabrics will compliment the ideas I have in mind.

kjb139 said...

Heather's new fabric line is beautiful! I can think of a few quilts I'd like to make with her fabrics!!!

Winona said...

I just love Heather's new fabric line. It is right up my alley.
Winona

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabrics! Love them.

Shady Gardener said...

This is a very versatile line of fabrics. Looking forward to seeing more!

Tracy said...

This new line looks delightful...can't wait to play with it!

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see the whole line!! thanks for the sneak-peak!!!

Mary said...

wow can't wait to see teh rest of the line.. Feel some of that coming to my stash soon

Nadine said...

Thanks to Anne Sutton (Bunny Hill) for doing a scavenger hunt that drove me to this Henry Glass Blog. It's great! Go Heather Go! Your new line is fun offering lots of possibilities!

Catherine said...

I have always admired Heather's work and this has just caused me angst as now the wallet has to be opened up so that I can bring this delightful new fabric line home. When am I ever going to find the time to make everything that's on my to-do list!!

Helz said...

Oh Yummmm.... Cottage Charm looks so tempting !!!

Jocey said...

I absolutely love the simplicity of Heather Mulder Peterson quilts..,not to mention her "Winter Spice" Fabric Line and also Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs. Her patterns and fabric are so feminine and soft.

Sinta Renee said...

I am a huge fan of Heather's books and patterns. I just discovered her blog a week ago and now I am happy to have found your blog thanks to Anne Sutton at Bunny Hill. I love your fabrics and your talented designers. I am marking you on my "favorites"!

Unknown said...

I love Heather's work. It was fun to see her in the newest APQ. I've followed her blog for awhile.

robin said...

Beautiful fabrics, and I love the name "Cottage Charm".

Mary said...

Heather/Henry Glass,

This is beautiful fabric. I really think it is a special line!

Mary